The Career Catapult
Shake-up the Status Quo and Boost Your Professional Trajectory
We live in an evolving economic environment, one where job security and certainty for the future are a distant memory. The old rules for navigating the turbulent water of employment don’t apply anymore. In the face of these changes, it’s easy to become fearful and discouraged. In The Career Catapult, Innovative career consultant Roopa Unnikrishnan gives passionate individuals—regardless of their current position in the job hierarchy—a way to gaze into this uncertain future and shape it to their advantage.
Leaping into a revised career trajectory requires quick, sudden, and purposeful movement. Each of the five disciplines builds upon the other, moving individuals along the fast track toward success and fulfillment.
• Discipline 1—Dig Deep To Soar! Examine your skills and resources to accurately assess your marketplace value
• Discipline 2—Stalk Innovations and Trends. Explore the context in which you can offer your value
• Discipline 3—Jolt Your Network. Use your assets, including networks that can drive significant value
• Discipline 4—Prototype Possibilities. Free yourself to imagine. Visualize the full array of possibilities and test-drive them. Find ways to don the mantle of the new role
• Discipline 5—Go Extreme! Is your desired future achievable? Yes—then take that confident leap into your future.
Roopa Unnikrishnan has almost two decades of experience in roles where she has seeded and driven change and innovation in several Fortune 500 companies. Roopa works with Consumer Goods, Education and Technology clients, helping them establish and improve key processes around strategic planning, innovation space identification and idea development. A master coach, she works with senior executives to drive personal and career change. Roopa was previously at Pfizer as VP, Corporate Strategy and Global Head of Pfizer’s worldwide talent and organizational team for Sales (2007-2012), at BlackRock as HR lead for sales and Citicards as Strategy Director.
A Rhodes scholar with an MPhil and an M.B.A. from the University of Oxford, is also a published poet and a world-class athlete in sports riflery. She is currently President of TiE’s NY chapter, a group focused on fostering entrepreneurship, and was previously Board Chair of Sakhi which works to end domestic violence.